Server4Sale is dedicated to the unrestricted free transmission of information via the internet and its many resources. Our goal is to deliver enterprise quality on-demand IT services to all of our Customers while serving as the medium of exchange for transmission of all information. The storage, distribution, and exchange of information (content) are the internet’s single most valuable feature. Server4Sale is dedicated to protecting the source and distribution of information and protecting the rights and privileges of those utilizing it. Server4Sale does not purport to be the content police; our duty in the process of information dissemination is simply to act as conduit between interested parties. Server4Sale follows all local, state and federal laws pursuant to the services delivered over the internet and directly related to our network and internal systems. The purpose of this AUP is to inform all Customers of acceptable, anticipated Customer use. Due to the myriad of possibilities in maintaining a network comprised of thousands of servers, this AUP is intended to act as a guideline to service and not to be all encompassing.
The primary purpose of the Server4Sale Public Network is to transmit information (packets) to and from Customer servers and data storage services. Proper use of the Public Network is to utilize the network in any way so long as Customer does not violate any local, state, or federal laws or generate harm to the network or interfere with the use of services of other users utilizing the same network. All Customers are granted equal access to the Public Network. Violation, misuse, or interference of the public network shall be considered a violation of the AUP and shall trigger the Methods of Resolution under this AUP.
The primary purpose of the Server4Sale Private Network is to allow secure private network connectivity to the private backend network directly connecting Customer servers and Server4Sale delivered services. Proper use of the Private Network is the upload/download of content, server administration, transmission of information between servers, transmission of information between servers and Server4Sale servers, secure private administration of services, data retrieval, console access, and true out of band management of their entire IT environment. The Private Network can also be utilized for service access during periods of non-payment, copyright infringement, spam abuse, service interruption or other instances requiring server administration. All Customers are granted equal access to the private secure network to securely manage their services. Connectivity to the Private Network is granted on an unrestricted basis in eight (8) hour increments. Dedicated connections to the Private Network are available through the sales team. Violation, misuse, or interference of the Private Network shall be considered a violation of the AUP and shall trigger the Methods of Resolution under this AUP.
The primary purpose of the Server4Sale standard security services is to assist the Customer in the protection, management, update, and overall stability of the outsourced IT environment. Server4Sale also monitors all aggregate network traffic via Arbor networks and router netflow statistics for traffic analysis. Server4Sale also supplies Microsoft update servers and Red Hat update servers located on the Private Network for private secure update services. These services are included free of charge and are intended to assist Customers in the OS management of their servers. Other security services offered for a fee are covered via the terms of the individual services. These services include, but are not limited to: firewalls, host IDS, service monitors and other similar type products and services. Outside of the global network security services described above, Customers are required and obligated to maintain security related to Customer managed servers. The management of dedicated servers requires basic security management including password management, port management, OS updates, application updates, security policy settings and more. The Customer is ultimately responsible for individual server security unless contracted security services are purchased. Any violation of the security services included in basic services will be addressed pursuant to the Methods of Resolution under this AUP.
Server4Sale does not actively monitor dedicated server content for review. Server4Sale believes in the free dissemination of information via our services. Dedicated server content will only be reviewed upon complaint by verified third parties. Content that does not violate local, state and federal law or the AUP is deemed in compliance and shall remain intact. Legal adult content is allowed on Server4Sale dedicated servers. Content deemed in violation will be addressed pursuant to the Methods of Resolution under this AUP.
Server4Sale supplies redundant domain names services for all Customers purchasing dedicated services. These services include the use of authoritative name servers for public resolution of domain names and private domain name resolvers located on the private service network. The DNS services are fully managed and maintained by Server4Sale with Customer specific domain name management through the online Customer portal. In rare instances, where extreme intensive loads (DNS lookups) utilize disproportionate resources of the redundant DNS systems, Server4Sale will notify Customer of potential violation of this AUP. Customers requiring such DNS services will be instructed to perform dedicated DNS services on Customer-managed equipment. Violation of DNS services shall trigger the Methods of Resolution under this AUP.
All Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses are owned and managed by Server4Sale. IP Addresses are non-transferable from Server4Sale, and Customer retains no ownership or transfer rights to IP Addresses. All IP Addresses are assigned by the Server4Sale engineering team on a per VLAN, per server basis. Attempted use of IP addresses not originally allocated for use or IP addresses use on non-assigned VLANs or servers is a violation of this AUP. Violation of the IP Address policy shall trigger the Methods of Resolution under this AUP. All IP Addresses are currently registered to Server4Sale via Arin.net assignments. Private IP assignments are available to qualified Customers.
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement: Direct copyright infringement (as defined and noted under Title 17, Section 512 of the United States Code) and trademark infringement are direct violations of Server4Sale’s AUP. Please refer to DMCA copyright infringement requirements for filing complaints or counter notifications related to copyright claims.
- Unsolicited Email: The sending or receiving of mass unsolicited email (SPAM) is a direct violation of Server4Sale’s AUP. This includes the direct sending and receiving of such messages, support of such messages via web page, splash page or other related sites, or the advertisement of such services.
- Email Bombing: The sending, return, bouncing or forwarding of email to specified user(s) in an attempt to interfere with or over flow email services is a direct violation of Server4Sale’s AUP.
- Proxy Email (SPAM): The use of dedicated services to proxy email unsolicited users is a direct violation of Server4Sale’s AUP. Proxy email is defined as the use of dedicated services to act in concert with other services located inside and outside the network to achieve mass unsolicited email (SPAM) to unrelated third parties.
- UseNet SPAM: The use of dedicated services to send, receive, forward, or post UseNet unsolicited email or posts is a direct violation of Server4Sale’s AUP. This includes UseNet services located within the Server4Sale network or unrelated third party networks.
- Illegal Use: Any use of dedicated services in a manner which is defined or deemed to be statutorily illegal is a direct violation of Server4Sale’s AUP. This includes, but is not limited to: death threats, terroristic threats, threats of harm to another individual, multi-level marketing schemes, “ponzi schemes”, invasion of privacy, credit card fraud, racketeering, and other common illegal activities.
- Child Pornography: Server4Sale has a zero-tolerance policy on child pornography and related sites. The hosting of child pornography or related sites or contact information is in direct violation of federal law and Server4Sale’s AUP.
- Threats & Harassment: The Server4Sale network can be utilized for any type of individual, organizational or business use. This does not include threats to or harassment of individuals, organizations or businesses, unless it falls within the bounds of protected free speech under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Server4Sale seeks to serve only as the medium of exchange for information and refrains from decisions on freedom of speech.
- Fraudulent Activities: Server4Sale prohibits utilizing dedicated services or network services for fraudulent activities. Participation in fraudulent activities is in direct violation of state and federal law and Server4Sale’s AUP.
- Denial of Service: Server4Sale absolutely prohibits the use of dedicated services or network services for the origination or control of denial of service attacks or distributed denial of service attacks. Any relation to DOS or DDOS type activity is a direct violation of Server4Sale’s AUP.
- Terrorist Websites: Server4Sale prohibits the use of dedicated services for the hosting of terrorist-related web sites. This includes sites advocating human violence and hate crimes based upon religion, ethnicity, or country of origin.
- Distribution of Malware: Server4Sale prohibits the storage, distribution, fabrication, or use of malware, including without limitation, virus software, root kits, password crackers, adware, key stroke capture programs and other programs normally used in malicious activity. Programs used in the normal ordinary course of business are deemed acceptable. Example: Security Company hosting at Server4Sale analyzes the latest root kit for new security analysis/software.
- Phishing: Server4Sale strictly prohibits any activity associated with Phishing or systems designed to collect personal information (name, account numbers, usernames, passwords, etc.) under false pretense. Splash pages, phishing forms, email distribution, proxy email or any relation to phishing activities will result in immediate removal.
- HYIP or Ponzi Schemes: High Yield Investment Plans or Ponzi schemes with the intent to defraud end users are illegal and not allowed on the network. This includes hosting, linking and or advertising via email websites or schemes designed to defraud.
Reporting Violation of the Acceptable Use Policy
Server4Sale accepts reports of alleged violations of this AUP via email sent to abuse@Server4Sale.com. Reports of alleged violations must be verified and must include the name and contact information of the complaining party, and the IP address or website allegedly in violation, and description of the violation. Unless otherwise required by law, such as the DMCA, Server4Sale owes no duty to third parties reporting alleged violations due to lack of privity in contract law. Server4Sale will review all verified third party reports and will take appropriate actions.